How to Start at Gloucester Yoga
1. Go to the on-line store here and purchase a membership (single, multiple class pass or event) before class. Debit, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover debit or charge cards are accepted. Purchases require an email address. Note: A human will add passes to your student profile usually within one day of purchase.
2. If you have not already done so, a membership profile will be created in our member services website, RhinoFit, and a welcome email sent to the name and email address from the purchase receipt. You will be prompted to set up your account, create a password, and complete a liability waiver.
3. Complete the Waiver of Liability Agreement and provide student registration information online before attending your first class. You may follow the link in your welcome email after you purchase your first pass to set up your member profile. If a student is under 18, a parent or legal guardian must sign.
4. In-studio classes: Members must pre-register in RhinoFit for in-studio classes and can do so up to 7 days in advance. To pre-register you must have a current in-studio pass that has been added to your account. The attendance limit for in-studio classes is set to 6 students for concurrent virtual classes and 9 students for in-studio only classes.
Virtual classes: If you have an applicable pass the studio will send you a Zoom invitation the day before class. If you purchased a single virtual class, please email the studio at least 4 hours prior to the class you wish to attend so a human can send you an invitation to the class. The invitation will come from firstname.lastname@example.org so be sure to add this address to your safe senders list or check your spam folder.
5. Members must check into in-studio classes at the kiosk when you arrive or on our member services website prior to coming to class or from your mobile device. When attending for the first time since our vaccination policy was implemented, bring in your card or a photo of it on your mobile device so we can verify your vaccination status.
6. Our bodies change everyday; please inform your teacher if you have any injuries, concerns, physical limitations, or become pregnant since you provided this initial information.
It is best for your comfort, if you do not eat 1-2 hours prior to class and come in hydrated; if you must eat, eat light.
Most important, during the class, don’t do too much, compare yourself to others, or give up too soon. We want to see you again, so be kind to yourself!
For your peace of mind and everyone around you, please...
1. Arrive on time. It is best for your stress level, to arrive at least 10 minutes before the class is scheduled to start so that you can check in and get settled in your yoga space.
2. Remove your shoes and leave what you don't need for your practice in the cubicles.
3. Silence your cell phone and other electronics and leave in the cubicles with your other things. The door will be locked during class so your personal items are safe.
4. Check in. You can check in at the kiosk when you arrive or before coming to to class on our membership management website or from your mobile device.
5. Only water in container with a secured top is allowed in the studio.
6. Bring your mat & towel. For hygienic reasons it is best to use your own personal mat. However, there are several mats available for use. If you use a studio mat, clean it before returning it so it’s ready for the next person. During Stretch & Relax you will be using a bolster and it is best to rest your head on a towel. For high-energy classes when you break a sweat, you'll need a towel as well.
7. Respect others' space. Avoid heavy fragrances. Try to keep your mat evenly spaced from your fellow classmates. If you can, stagger your mat as well so that when you open your arms out to the side you have enough room. Also, keep your props close to your own mat.
8. Embrace the quiet time. Unroll your mat quietly, so as not to disturb students who are already there. Time in the studio before class starts is for transitioning from being in the outside world to your mat where you can find your peace. This is your time to lie quietly, do some gentle warm-up poses, or even meditate.
9. Put away any props you use. Fold your blanket and place it back as you found it. If you borrowed a mat, blocks, or weights be sure to wipe them down.